Ahh! nobody knows the pain of getting that stubborn belly fat, and on top of that, it’s super difficult to melt it away no matter how much we walk or try. Well, we do everything it’s just that we lack in proper planning and following the right regime. So to help you out we have curated 10 belly yoga poses that could be practiced at home or any open space you will definitely succeed to achieve a super toned core. The only thing you need is your yoga mat.However, I would advise to warm up first with few sun salutation or any form of cardio that will help your muscles get active and release tension from joints making you ready to start with.
- Come on your hands and knees with your palm just underneath your shoulders and your knees underneath your hips tuck your tummy.
- Inhale as you rise on your toes keeping under your heels. Then exhale to lift up your bumps, coming into the upside-down V-shaped pose called downward facing dog.
- Make the grip firm with spreading your fingers, and try to maintain a straight line between your middle fingers & your elbows. Work on straightening your spine and legs and lower your heels as much as you can towards the ground.
- Relax your head with a firm neck between your arms, and keep your gaze on your legs or up towards your belly button.
- Do it till 5-6 deep breaths.
- Down Dog position, take a leap and bring both your feet together being in the same position.
- Keeping the right heel on the mat, raise your left leg in the air coming into Three-Legged Dog. Keep it nice long and extended, stretch your legs and feel the extension on the lower abs.
- You can make it even harder by bending the knee. Actively squeeze your left heel in toward your hip, lifting the knee high.
- Lift your head up extending your neck, and turn to look over your right shoulder giving an arch to the spine. Think about drawing your head and foot toward each other and stretching one side of your tummy. Do vice versa with another leg.
- Hold the position for 2-3 minutes, keeping the belly tucked and tight and feel the longitudinal stretch.
From 3-arched position transit into normal inverted dog pose.
- Come over your toes and your palm underneath the shoulders, take a deep breath and suck your belly in.
- Keeping your core tight just transfer your weight on one leg and lift the other. Keeping your shoulders firm, bend your left knee and bring it towards your chest take it back and extend your toes in the air and without keeping it down repeat again.
- Do the same for 10-15 and repeat with another leg
- This works really great for the lower abs.
- Stand upright with feet more than shoulders apart. Now turn the right toes to your right side bending the right knee directly placing it just above the right ankle.
- Extend the wrist bone and the shoulders towards the right side and try reaching out through the open palms. Keep your gaze towards your fingers.
- Bend yourself making the hips down towards the floor, and reach the crown of the head up to lengthen the spine.
- Keep the shoulders aligned in a line, pressing the chest forward and belly in.
- Hold for 5-6 deep breaths.
- Again roll down in the downward facing dog, make sure that your hands are almost shoulder-width apart.
- Getting down on hands make the fist and come on your elbows, make sure the elbows and fists are in line and neutralizing the weight. Remember to keep shoulders firm and wrists must make a 90-degree angle.
- Now by taking a deep breath and pulling your belly in forwarding your body in a beautiful plank pose.
- Take a deep breath in and on the exhale move your upper body forward into plank. Transferring your weight on to your toes, elbows supported by wrist rise you keeping your head, shoulder, and hip in one straight line.
- Feel this dynamic energy required to be in the position and remain as long as you can. Most people start with 20-30 seconds.
- This works really wonders for your belly engaging all the muscles of your stomach, strengthen the shoulder and phenomenal for the entire body.
- Lie on the stomach putting your legs together, and stretch your arms in the front of you straight and parallel to each other with open palms
- Your arms should be next to your ears, and your chest and forehead must be on the ground.
- Now inhale deeply, and lift your arms up along with your head and chest off the ground. Simultaneously lift off your legs from the floor.
- Pull your head up and arch the spine as much as you can and feel the stretch in the abs.
- Hold your breath and try to balance your body on your belly engaging all the abdominal muscles.
- Transform on your back keeping your feet together and arms across your body.
- Keep taking deep breaths in and as you exhale just lift off your chest stretching the arms ahead and up from the ground.
- Engage your core to keep yourself stable and feel the burn of muscles to remain in the pose.
- All your eyes, fingers and toes should be in a line.
- Keep breathing continuously and easily while being in the pose.
- As you exhale to release the pose slowly and return back to ground keeping your legs first.
Lie on your back, bend your knees keeping the toes firm.
- Rest the hands beside the body and slowly exhaling lift the middle section.
- Pull your stomach up while putting your head and shoulder along with toes firm on the ground.
- Breath normal keeps your tummy tucked while the pose, release slowly getting down on your back.
Lie on your stomach, put your toes on the ground facing another way.
- Keep your palm just beside your shoulder and inhale deep.
- Now exhaling, slowly lift your upper body part up keeping your waist and legs resting on the ground.
- Stretch your arms straight extend your neck upward and keeping your chin up and look towards the sky.
- Feel the stretch in your abdominal muscle and the arch within your spine.
Though most of us practice it we are not aware of a right way to do it.
- Stand straight with tucked in the tummy and lift your hands while inhaling. Keep your toes just a bit apart.
- Stretch your hands up and stretch your spine straight upward as much as you can making yourself taller.
- Now exhaling start bending down without bending knees try to touch your toes.
- Be in touched toe position for at least 1-2 minutes then slowly get up.