Men Shavers adverts! We all have seen those regular ads where a man saves off his beards with so called – – ultra close electric shaver and sexy women starts parading around the man trying to feel his face and whispering very very sexy. I don’t understand the whole thing, though these shavers, colognes, perfumes advertisements need a bit of spice but – here we get a huge #tadka. Though the intensity of these commercials are quite high, they basically wanted to covey that if you posses this shaver you will get this smooth close shave and this would be the probable women reaction. –pretty good Huh!
Either ways, we are here to drool into these electric shavers market, critically review them and brings on the top 5 electric shavers in Indian market, on the basis of their performance.
Braun Cruzer 6 for Clean Shave
Internationally renowned- Braun presents a futuristic design with best of its German technology. And Braun Cruzer 6 for clean shave is a great product with same legacy- its just on the higher price range. Though they have launched their Braun 7-Series of Shavers but it’s pretty high from this set of Shavers, so I will be reviewing it in my other post and won’t include in this. However here’s the review of Braun Cruzer 6-
Price– INR 5,000 aprox.
- Work in both ways be it dry and wet.
- Sensofoil Technology for close smooth shave.
- Wide Shaver head and works great with gel and foam.
- Has Trimming function
- Detachable -4 different Trimming comb.
- Integrated touch-sensitive.
- Great for all those curves, dips & edges.
- 1 Charge for a week shaves.
- Great Skin Comfort.
- Quick Shave
- Easy to Clean
- Low battery indicator
- 2 Years Warranty.
- Availability might be an issue if you a B-class city herder. Though pretty easily available on Amazon & Nykaa online stores.
- The price is quite high to burn a hole in your pocket.
Philips AquaTouch AT890/16 Men’s Shaver
Philips is quite ruling the Indian market and have spread worldwide, though I feel its doing amazing in Asian markets. It has defined electric shavers market in India– with it’s various men shavers in different price ranges. But this Philips AquaTouch AT890/16 is a step ahead, will make you fall for it’s subtle classy grey blue ergometric design. Being waterproof you can take down in shower and can even use it dry- sound great right. Scroll on to check out details.
Price- INR 3,500.
- Used in either way- Dry or Wet shave with your shaving foam.
- Dual Precision technology for long and short hair and close Stubble shave.
- Rotatory- low fiction head to fit with cuts & curves of your face.
- Standout trimmer perfect for mustache and sideburns.
- 3 minute charge –and-shave system.
- Full charge in 1 hour that goes 50 minutes enough for 17 shaves.
- Super Lift and Cut action.
- Skin Protection System
- Need to replace the head every 2 years depending on the usage.
- Trimmer is not that effective to overshine.
Philips AquaTouch AT620/14 Shaver For Men
Look I told you Philip’s is ruling the Asian market, here it is at the second and banging third spot as well. It is constantly maintaining its spot with high accessibility, varied products and bang on media marketing. Why I kept this lil’ champ- Philips AquaTouch AT620/14 Shaver at a lower ranks then the presiding one’s, to that- no hard feelings – it’s just have few more con’s but a good choice. So let’s jump on its feature- pros & cons.
Price- INR 1,600.
- It’s a cordless shaver-trimmer with rechargeable battery.
- Boasts CloseCut blades with rounded edges that works perfectly all kind of hairs.
- Embossed with Aquatec seal, so can be used in the shower with gel/foam or for dry shave.
- Ergonomic grip design for great handling.
- Anti-slip coating to ensure close control & precision during your shave.
- Comes with a pop up precision trimmer which is perfect for maintaining a moustache and trimming sideburns.
- Takes a whole 10 hours to fully charge.
- On top of that gives only 30 min of shaving after 10 hrs of charging.
- Need to replace the head after every 2 years with HQ56 replacement head. Though the replacement head is available in stores.
- Same issue with trimmer, it works but not as effectively as a standalone product.
Panasonic ES 6850 Men’s Shaver
If you are looking for something cheaper yet effective in Indian market then this is gonna be your next best buy. No much showoff just minimal operational buttons with single head shaver and spinet blade.
- It’s a cordless shaver with Compact design
- Single shaver head & spinet blades.
- Good for dry shaving
- Easy accessibility with on/off button.
- 2AA Battery operated.
- Easy cleaning
- Comes with 2 yr warranty.
- No trimmer.
- Just dry shaving, cant take it with gel/ foam or use it in shower.
- Not that effective for a ultra close shave.
Nova Body Groomer NV-178 Shaver
Economical among all, available online. I think Nova is doing great in economical market with just skimming off the need with its shavers, trimmers, straighter but then it seems somewhere lacking in establishing it as a one best distinct brand as others. But still doing good. Nova Body Groomer NV-178 Shaver, says – it is for both men and women. Good for trimming mustache, beard and body hair.
Price- INR 500.
- Cordless and could be used after 60 min of charging.
- Had three rotator circular heads that goes fair on short hairs as well.
- It could be cleaned with a dry brush.
- Has LED for charging indicator.
- Get heated quickly
- Is not as effective as previous one.
- You have to work with precision, while using trimmer.
- Few users complain about razors.
So this is the list of the top 5 electric shavers and trimmer in India. You can choose from the above list and go clean your beard. Grab the best product as per your requirement and budget, work clean. Hope you like the review and works for you.